It is good practice to wash your dried catfish before using it to cook your soups, stews, yam porridge, or other delicacy. When you wash with hot water you kill bacteria that might be in the fish. Also, dust and smoke dissolve out leaving your smoked and dried catfish ready for cooking.
What you need
- Dried catfish
- Hot boiled water
- A bowl
- A fork or spoon
- Bring the required number of pieces of catfish you need for your cooking out of the pack and put them in the bowl.
- Tear the catfish into pieces.
- You can pick the bones out though some people like to cook with it. The bones become soft on cooking.
- Pour hot boiling water into the bowl containing the pieces of dried catfish until the water covers the fish.
- Leave for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Stir with a spoon or fork or perforated spoon.
- Leave to settle for a minute.
- Pick the fish out of the bowl leaving water and residue behind.
- Your dried catfish is washed and ready for cooking.
If you need further explanation on how to wash your dried catfish feel free to comment below. You will be replied as soon as possible.
Do you want to order your dried catfish? We can deliver to you in Lagos, Nigeria if you order 2 kilogrammes of dried catfish for N10,000. 2kg of dried catfish contains about 20 – 24 pieces of fish and will remain in good condition after 6 weeks if you store properly. Call Ugo on +2348077776861.
Do you need recipe ideas for smoked and dried catfish? See: